Last updated on May 26th, 2020
Terms & Conditions
Sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet (known as “spamming”) is prohibited, regardless of whether or not it overloads a server or disrupts service to ZoopHost.com’s customers. ZoopHost.com reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, what constitutes a violation of this provision.
Viruses and Other Destructive Activities
Use of ZoopHost.com’s services or equipment for creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, or for pinging, flooding or mail bombing, or engaging in denial of service attacks is prohibited.
ZoopHost.com services may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage or distribution of any information, data or material in violation of any applicable law or regulation or that may directly facilitate the violation of any particular law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material; trademarks; trade secrets or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization; material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
System and Network Abuse
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation the following: unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks; interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks; forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
The use of ZoopHost.com’s services to store, post, display, transmit, advertise or otherwise make available any type of pornography is prohibited. ZoopHost.com as required by law, and will, notify law enforcement agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of pornography on, or being transmitted through its services.
ZoopHost.com’s Web Hosting and E-Commerce accounts should not be used to distribute illegal or pirated software and/or multimedia products.
The ZoopHost.com service is provided on an as is, as available basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. ZoopHost.com and its partners and suppliers will not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transaction or use of the service.
Software/Web Panel/API Change
In case of a change in the price of third party Software/Web Panel/API Change customers has to follow the new price. We will send new separate invoice & customers has to pay the new invoice. Failing to which ZOOP HOST reserves the right to suspend and terminate the account.
Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. You agree to back-up all of your User Content so that you can access and use it when needed. Zoop Host does not warrant that it backs-up any Account or User Content, and you agree to accept as a risk the loss of any and all of your User Content.
You as a Zoop Host User agree that in no case, Zoop Host can be held responsible for the loss of data in any circumstances.
ZoopHost.com reserves the right to suspend the services if the payments are not made by the due date. ZoopHost.com shall not be held liable for any kind of loss due to disruption of services.
Actions Taken by ZoopHost.com
The failure by a customer to meet or follow any of the TOU is grounds for account deactivation. ZoopHost.com will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of the TOU. ZoopHost.com reserves the right to remove any account without prior notice and to refuse service to anyone at any time. Depending on the severity of the violation, ZoopHost.com may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend or terminate a customer’s web hosting account and/or pursue other civil remedies. If such violation is a criminal offense, ZoopHost.com will notify the appropriate law enforcement authorities of such violation. ZoopHost.com does not issue credits for outages incurred through service disablement resulting from TOU violations. ZoopHost.com customers agree to indemnify and hold harmless ZoopHost.com from any claims resulting from the use of our services that damages them or any other party.
ZoopHost.com does not allow IRC or IRC bots to be operated by Web Hosting and E-Commerce customers.
ZoopHost.com does not allow Autobot websites as it causes server issues and Server IP’s Blacklisting. And the refund for the same will not be done.
The jurisdiction of all matters would be at Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, in case of any dispute.
Informing you about:
The types of personal information zoophost.com collects about you through its Website;
How it collects that information;
The general purposes for which it collects such information;
The types of organizations to which it discloses the information;
The choices and means by which individuals may limit its use and disclosure.
Empowering you to choose:
Whether and how certain personal information you provide is used (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it); and whether and the manner in which a third party uses certain personal information you provide (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it).
Assuring you that zoophost.com:
Takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Implements reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is kept only for the purposes for which it has been gathered.
Uses reasonable measures to ensure that we have accurately and completely recorded the personal information you have provided; and
Provides you reasonable access to your personal information as well as procedures for correcting or modifying that information where appropriate.
Getting to Know Our Customers
We are the Internet’s leading domain name registrar and web hosting company because we have taken the time to get acquainted with our customers. We get to know you primarily through the information you provide to us when signing up for, or using, one or more of our services. The information you provide ranges from basic contact information, to payment information, to the technical coordinates of your host servers. The application for web hosting registration found at www.zoophost.com is a representative illustration of the information we request of you. All of the information we request from you when purchasing our services is obligatory unless otherwise noted on the relevant form. When you purchase our services, you agree to provide and maintain accurate, complete and updated information including your name, email, address and phone. After you have signed up for our services, we may be in communication with you about your account, technical questions you may have about services provided by us, or any other matter relating to those services. Those communications are essential to our relationship with you and to our ability to provide you with quality services that are responsive to your needs. At the same time, those communications give us helpful insights about you, your preferences and the ways in which we might improve our services. We therefore may maintain this information for future use. For operational and quality assurance purposes, we take note of whether and how you use the information and services that we provide, such as by recording site traffic patterns and by maintaining log files of users’ access to site files.
The information we receive from or about you is stored on systems designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. The sensitive information, in terms of Information technology Act, 2000, collected at zoophost.com includes credit card numbers and account passwords. The account password is used by a Customer to gaining access to the services and is not used or accessed by zoophost.com or its affiliates / partners in any way, whereas the Credit Card details are processed at the Payment Gateway end, who are PCI Compliant and do not retain the sensitive information for the period more than required. The transmission of said sensitive information is encrypted in the interest of heightened privacy protection and information integrity.
Further, transactions within our account manager and purchase flows use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when transmitting data from your connection to our systems. You may click the lock icon within your web browser to verify the authenticity of any or our SSL certificates.
Information Corrections or Changes
You have the ability to correct or change certain information in our records, such as your address and contact information. The process for changing your information begins at https://www.zoophost.com/cp and then click on the My Details menu. You may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. If you need assistance or have questions about correcting information, you can contact us via e-mail at [email protected]
How We Put Information to Good Use
We use information about you for purposes of monitoring and improving our internal operations, as well as to ensure we: (i) bill you properly, (ii) administer your account in accordance with your agreements with us, and (iii) properly perform the services you have requested.
We also use the information we collect to monitor and improve our internal operations, as well as to improve the experience of users in our network of sites. For example, we may correlate Website traffic information with data about individual users. This data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of the site, allowing us to enhance it to fit the needs of as many of our customers as possible. We may also break down overall usage statistics according to customers’ domain names, browser types, and MIME types by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Further, we use the information we collect to direct important notices and information affecting your account or services, as well as to provide general information that may be of interest to you, including newsletters, surveys, contest and sweepstake announcements, and information about our service or product offerings or the offerings of our business affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving information from us simply by notifying us of your desire in accordance with the opt-out instructions contained in any information message you receive from us. Note, however, that in order to fulfil our service obligations to you, we must continue sending you notices and other important information affecting your account or services.
Finally, Zoophost.com holding sensitive/ personal data or information of providers of information, shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under the User Agreement or any other law for the time being in force or unless ordered to the contrary by any order of court of law. The information collected shall be used for the purpose for which it has been collected. The information is collected and retained by Zoophost.com on its server located at various locations in India or any part of world.
With Whom We May Share Information
Pursuant to arrangements with Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (‘ICANN’), we compile and maintain a publicly accessible registration database that includes basic information about each domain name registered with us, including the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of individuals designated as points of contact for a given domain name. Whether or not applicable domain name registration fees have been paid is also publicly accessible. With the gradual continued privatization of the Domain Name System, and consistent with the rules or policies applicable to that system, or to comply with any changes in law or regulation, we may, if appropriate, take steps to restrict the accessibility and amount of personally identifying information available in the registration database
When you register a domain name through us, we must disclose your domain name and its associated Internet Protocol (“IP”) numbers to the appropriate registry in order to make your chosen domain name a functional address on the Internet. Certain registries also require that we disclose to them the names, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of individuals designated as the registrant or points of contact for a given domain name. Each registry discloses certain portions (and in some cases all) of the information we are required to provide to them about your domain name registration. For example, each registry discloses at least each registered domain name and its associated IP numbers (“TLD zone files”) to TLD server administrators so that the domain name is capable of functioning as an address on the Internet. Consistent with the current rules and policies for the Domain Name System, such registries also disclose the TLD zone files to other interested persons, provided those persons agree, among other things, not to use the TLD zone files for improper purposes, including the transmission of unsolicited commercial e-mail. Similarly, each registry may compile and maintain a publicly accessible database that includes basic information about each domain name registered with that registry, including the names, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of individuals designated as the registrant or points of contact for a given domain name.
We may share certain information about you with those of our vendors who are responsible for handling your account or performing other services that you require but no sensitive information is shared by any third party vendors. But we will not share such information with other third parties, except in response to formal requests (e.g., subpoena or court order) made in connection with litigation, arbitration, or criminal proceedings directly relating to a domain name registration or other services we provide, or as directed by you or your agent. Additionally, we may share the information stored on the publicly accessible registration database, as well as other information that is not of a sensitive nature, with carefully selected business partners, including those who offer services that complement those provided by us or which may otherwise be of interest to you. Please note, however, that consistent with the current rules and policies for the Domain Name System, information about you must remain available in the publicly accessible registration database.
Our Accountability to You
Only those zoophost.com employees that have a legitimate business purpose for accessing and handling personal information obtained by us are given authorization to do so. The unauthorized access or use of such information by a zoophost.com employee is prohibited and constitutes grounds for disciplinary action. Additionally, our information management systems are configured in such a way as to block or inhibit employees from accessing information that they have no authority to access.
The Accountability of zoophost.com’s Agents and Business Partners
Our trusted vendors and business partners are responsible for processing or handling some of the information that we receive. These vendors and business partners are not authorized to use such information for purposes beyond those specified by us and are required to preserve the confidentiality with which we treat such information.
Notification of Changes
The jurisdiction of all matters would be at Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, in case of any dispute.
Acceptable User Policy
Zoop Host Acceptable User Policy
There are several policies created to ensure fairness to all of the clients that host with zoophost.com
1.) Websites that contain material that is intentionally offensive to racial minorities are not permitted. Sites that are found to contain such offensive content will be closed.
2.) zoophost.com reserves the right to close any website that is using an unreasonable amount of bandwidth or server CPU time. This policy protects other web sites located within the same web server farm from becoming bogged down by the abusively high traffic site.
3.) If you send Spam, your account will be closed. If a client you host in your account sends Spam, your client’s site will be immediately and permanently closed. In extreme cases, your account may also be closed. We do not and will not tolerate Spam. It is your responsibility to make sure your clients realize that Spam is not and will not be tolerated. Spam is a waste of our network and system resources, and we are completely intolerant of anybody who sends or attempts to send Spam.
4.) If you sell hosting services to other customers using your zoophost.com account, it is your responsibility to support those customers. Your customers must contact you for support issues.
5.) Pornography, pirated software, mp3 archives, rom archives, cracking/hacking tools, and spamming are not allowed at zoophost.com. Any material of this nature or links to material of this nature will cause the account to be shut down without financial refund. These types of sites waste bandwidth and slow down the servers. It is not realistic to allow one site to ruin the speed for all of the sites. Additionally, sites of this nature often place web hosts at legal risk, and therefore cannot be allowed.
6.) Clients that tax the machine down with malfunctioning pages or cgi scripts will lose their right to have dynamic pages (such as ASP,iHTML, and Cold Fusion. and cgi scripts. Everybody writes a code that locks up from time to time, but zoophost.com will not allow one client’s scripts to ruin uptime or performance for the rest of the clients. Keep this policy in mind when uploading cgi scripts or dynamic pages, since you assume full responsibility for every file that you upload. If your cgi or other dynamic content is causing a noticeable performance bottleneck, your account will be disabled.
7.) We reserve the right to charge US$100 per spam message that is sent or attempted to be sent to or through any of our servers. If a spammer is putting uptime or performance at risk by flogging the email services with spam, we have every legal right to receive payment from the spam sender or the company represented within the spam to cover the cost of the services rendered. This policy applies equally to zoophost.com customers and non-zoophost.com customers.
8.) zoophost.com reserves the right to block incoming email from any remote SMTP relay at any time for any reason. If a remote SMTP relay is misconfigured, spammers will often exploit the remote relay to send thousands (sometimes millions of spam). If a spammer is abusing a remote SMTP relay to mail bomb domains at zoophost.com, zoophost.com will immediately block the IP of the SMTP relay that the spammer is abusing. zoophost.com also subscribes to multiple RBLs (real-time blocking lists. to automatically block known open SMTP relays and known spamming relays. While this policy dramatically reduces the amount of spam sent to zoophost.com, this may inadvertently block some legitimate email.
9.) zoophost.com cannot and will not be held liable for any problem incurred while hosting with zoophost.com. By hosting with zoophost.com, you assume any and all risk for possible downtime and other server/connection related problems. If you are not willing to assume this risk, you should not host with zoophost.com. While zoophost.com makes every possible attempt to maintain the highest possible level of uptime, zoophost.com will not under any circumstances make any expressed or implied guarantee for any specific level of uptime.
10.) Failure to pay on time will result in the loss of the account. zoophost.com wants to give premier support to paying customers. Therefore, zoophost.com cannot waste time supporting those who do not pay.
11.) In the event of a price or policy change, all customers (new and old. are subject to the price or policy change. These changes may occur at any time without any notice from zoophost.com. zoophost.com customers should check the zoophost.com website periodically to check for changes to pricing or policy.
12.) Pricing and policies are subject to change at any time. Our policies are non-negotiable.
13.) Do not do anything illegal or anything that adversely affects Zoophost.com’s legal interests. The following list is non-exclusive, and should not be considered license to commit other illegal activities not specified below. All illegal activity is prohibited, and zoophost.com will cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials and/or agencies investigating and/or prosecuting such activities.
a. Cracking (Hacking). — Attempts to access accounts or systems other than the user’s own accounts or systems or an account or system that the user has been explicitly authorized to access is illegal under federal and state law.
b. Child pornography — as defined by U.S. law. This is strictly prohibited and dealt with quickly and harshly.
c. Interstate gambling — because Internet traffic generally ignores state and country boundaries, any Internet based gambling site is restricted by Federal Inter-state gambling regulations.
d. Pyramid schemes or fraud — are illegal under a number of Federal, State and Local laws.
e. Theft of services — attempts to utilize services that are not contracted for is considered theft and will be dealt with as such.
f. Harassment — use of network to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person is prohibited.
A guide to legal resources on the Internet is located at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/law/ Please consult an attorney if you are unsure of the legal status of your activities.
14.) Don’t do anything that threatens the integrity of Zoophost.com’s network or the utilization thereof by other persons.
a. Denial of Service (DOS attacks) — no customer will commit a DOS attack against any customer’s host, or any other host on the Internet. Similarly, no customer will willfully or negligently allow incitement of others to attack any host on our network, or any other host on the Internet.
b. RBL — No customer shall do anything that could get any portion of our IP space put on the RBL (Realtime Black List. as maintained by MAPS (http://www.mail-abuse.com or other similar organizations, or perform activities that would cause portions of the Internet to refuse to route traffic to any portion of our IP space.
15.) Spam — no customer shall send unsolicited commercial email, unsolicited mass mailings, spam or flood newsgroups, or anything of that sort. If you have questions about what is allowed and what is not, please refer to http://spam.abuse.net.
a.) No spam may originate from our IP space.
b.) No spam may advertise sites or services located on our IP space (even if the spam originates elsewhere, or IP space which receives IP transit over our IP network.
c.) No customer shall use third party mail servers to relay spam. This is
considered a DOS attack on the third party and will be treated as such.
d.) No customer shall participate in pyramid schemes or email chain letters.
16.) SOFTWARE/WEBPANEL/API CHANGE : In case of a change in the price of third party Software/WebPanel/API Change customers have to follow the new price. We will send new separate invoice & customers has to pay the new invoice. Failing to which ZOOP HOST reserves the right to suspend and terminate the account.
zoophost.com reserves the right to terminate or interrupt any account in part or in full without refund for violation of these Terms of Service. In all but the most extreme or serious cases, good faith attempts will be made to resolve an issue without interruption of service. In cases where service has been terminated or interrupted, resolution will be handled on an individual case basis, at zoophost.com’s sole discretion.
The jurisdiction of all matters would be at Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, in case of any dispute.
Terms Of Service
Zoop Host provides web hosting, Windows hosting, email services, domain registration, reseller hosting, Cloud VPS and dedicated servers. All customers should agree on all terms and conditions stated prior to their signing up for any of the hosting plans and services mentioned on Zoop Host. You shall agree to use only licensed and legal third party software in connection with your use of our services. Zoop Host reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided, at any time, or when Zoop Host decides that the account has been inappropriately used or otherwise.
– Customer agrees that they will protect, indemnify, save and hold Zoop Host harmless from any and all stipulations, liabilities, losses, expenses and claims, as well as reasonable attorney’s fees assessed against Zoop Host, its agents, customers, officers, employees and administration that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by its customers, agents, employees or assigns.
– Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Zoop Host harmless against liabilities arising out of –
– Any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or distributed in association with Zoop Host’s Services;
– The loss of any electronic files furnished by the customer (Or customer’s customer);
– Copyright violation and any defective products sold to a customer from Zoop Host’s Services
– Zoop Host reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. The services provided by us must be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any Indian law is prohibited. The list of banned content includes, but is not limited to:-
– Illegal Material – This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any regulation or material that is perceived to be misleading.
– Warez – This includes, but is not limited to, pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing and encrypting of any of the above.
– Also includes any sites which provide “links to” or “how to” information about such material.
– Games – We strictly do not allow to host any kind of games on our servers. Your hosting account would be immediately terminated if we found any gaming related stuff in your hosting account.
– IRC Hosts – Hosting host an IRC server that is part of or connected to another IRC network or server or have a connection to an IRC network. Servers or Virtual hosting accounts, found to be connecting to or part of these networks will be immediately removed from our network without notice. The server would not be reconnected to the network until such time that you agree to completely remove any and all traces of the IRC server, and agree to let us have access to your server to confirm that the content has been completely removed. Any server guilty of a second violation would result in immediate account termination.
We do not allow any kind of mining activity (Data mining, Crypto currency mining) on our servers.
– Prohibited Contents also includes, but is not limited to :
– Any Automated Bots
– Warez Sites
– Hate Sites
– Child Pornography
– Zoop Host reserves the right to deem any other content or literature as “prohibited” if found to be indecent, rude, hate content & generally unacceptable.
– Refer General Acceptable Use Policy for complete details on prohibited content and activities.
– In compliance with DMCA act, Zoop Host has adopted procedures for parties who believe that a hosted site on our service is infringing their copyrights. All copyright complaints must be submitted to [email protected]
ABUSE OF RESOURCES:
– Any attempts to compromise or actual compromise of a network device belonging to Zoop Host or any other company, individual, or other entity is strictly prohibited. This offense also includes port scanning, IP range scanners and vulnerability scanning. All infractions and or suspected infractions will be vigorously investigated and may result in immediate termination of service.
– Denial of Service (DOS) attacks directed at Zoop Host, or any attempts to launch a Denial of Service attack from our servers are strictly prohibited. All infractions and or suspected infractions will be vigorously investigated and may result in immediate termination of service.
– Hosting any software, source code or any other material that is illegal or could be used to commit an illegal act is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to software exploits; exploit source code, hacking tutorials, hacking tools, viruses and Trojans, bomb making and similar device tutorials. All infractions and or suspected infractions will be vigorously investigated and may result in immediate termination of service.
– The hosting of material that infringes on any copyright, trademark and or service mark is strictly prohibited. This also includes the storage and transmission of pirated movies, music, software, ring tones or anything else considered “Warez”. Any authentic complaint received will be investigated and may result in termination of service.
– The hosting of defamatory, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or violating trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights.
– Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to any of our servers is strictly prohibited. We hold no responsibility for the use of our clients’ accounts. Any account that abuses the resources and actions are not taken to desist the activity, calls for immediate deactivation without any refund. Any site using what we deem to be using excessive CPU cycles or any resources that cause strain to other sites may also be offered new terms ( i.e.,. upgrade). Although we offer 99.95% up time we cannot fully guarantee this, this is due to the updates and up-gradation we carry out which is also a part of our maintenance.
– If any client is in any way disrespectful towards any member of the Zoop Host staff we have full right to remove them from our services without any refund.
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL/UNSOLICITED BULK E-MAIL (SPAM):
– Use of our service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violation of this SPAM policy will result in severe penalties.
– Upon notification of an alleged violation, we will initiate a full scale investigation during which, we may restrict customer’s access to the network to prevent further violations. If a customer is found to have violated our policy, we may, at our sole discretion, restrict, suspend or terminate the guilty hosting account. Furthermore, we reserve the right to pursue civil remedies for any costs associated with the investigation of a substantiated policy violation. We will notify law enforcement officials if the violation is believed to be a criminal offense. Anyone using our service to host websites or services that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their account(s) immediately suspended and an administrative fee of $250.00 will be charged to your account. The account will not be unsuspended until such time that you agree to remove any and all traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection. First violations of this policy will result in a warning and your account will be reviewed for possible immediate termination. A second violation may result in an immediate termination of your account and the administrative fees will be $500. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the account(s) from our network without notice to the customer.
– We have a zero tolerance policy for the use of our service towards posting of messages or commercial advertisements which violate the rules, regulations, or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
– We also prohibit hosting of publicly-accessible “open relay” SMTP or anonymous remailer service for any purpose, cause, or reason what-so-ever.
If the customer’s account exceeds the bandwidth limit, we would inform the customer. If the customer does not wish to purchase extra bandwidth or upgrade his account and continues to exceed their limit, the account shall be suspended until the customer takes measures to ensure that the limit wouldn’t exceed again or when the account is upgraded, whichever is earlier. The account would be reactivated in the following month.
If the customer fails to complete the account verification process then no refund would be provided to such customers under any circumstances.
We generally recommend a control panel to manage and operate the VPS. All customers who have a plain VPS would have to configure the DNS, user accounts, mail accounts and other such activities pertaining to the configuration of such VPS’ themselves. The support team will not be responsible for this. With windows VPS, we provide evaluation version which can be re-activated after every 6 months.
COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING- EMAIL (SPAM)/UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL (UCE):
Spamming, sending unsolicited emails from our servers or using email addresses that are maintained by us is STRICTLY prohibited and will qualify your site for immediate deactivation with no refund. Zoop Host would be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
In order to ensure that our shared servers, cloud & vps nodes as well as dedicated server hardware node give us optimum performance we have set limits on the number of outgoing mails which can be sent per hour. Accordingly, shared & reseller customers would be allowed to send 500 outgoing mails per hour, our VPS customers would be able to send 1000 outgoing mails every hour and the Cloud hosting customers may send 1500 outbound mails per hour. Customers having dedicated servers may send one email every second i.e. 3600 mails per hour.
In case of a change in the price of third party Software/WebPanel/API Change customers has to follow the new price. We will send new separate invoice & customers has to pay the new invoice. Failing to which ZOOP HOST reserves the right to suspend and terminate the account.
The jurisdiction of all matters would be at Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, in case of any dispute.